All Products on this Website are sold subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Nothing mentioned in these Conditions affects your statutory rights.
- In these terms and conditions, the words and expressions below have the following meanings:
- "Conditions" means these terms and conditions.
- “Website” means the House of Hackney website, www.houseofhackney.com.
- “Product(s)” means any House of Hackney product(s).
- “Furniture” means House of Hackney sofas, love seats, chairs, chaise longues and any other seating, ottomans, footstools and screens.
- “Upholstery” means Products that are upholstered in fabric, such as sofas, chairs and footstools.
- “Fabric” means House of Hackney fabric that is sold by the metre.
- “We”, “us” and “our” means House of Hackney Limited.
- “You” and “your” means the customer.
- Your order becomes binding as soon as we have accepted it. All orders are subject to availability.
- We rely on the accuracy of the information you provide. As such, please provide accurate and complete measurements/specifications for orders of made-to-measure Upholstery and made-to-order Furniture.
- You are responsible for checking and confirming you are satisfied that all details and aspects of your order are correct and suitable for your requirements and specifications, including without limitation measurements, dimensions, product features, access and delivery.
- We reserve the right to refuse to supply any individual or company.
Basis of sale
- All orders that you place on the Website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The following is required to create a contract between you and us:
- Please follow the simple on-screen instructions taking you through the process of placing an order on the website. By pressing "Place Order Now" on the "Checkout” page, you offer to buy the goods at the prices indicated and pay any applicable delivery charges.
- An order acknowledgement email will be sent to you detailing the Products you have ordered. Please note that this email is merely an acknowledgement of your order and not an acceptance or confirmation of your order by House of Hackney.
- Except for all orders of Furniture and Fabric, the acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch of the Products, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. For orders of Furniture and Fabric, the acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will occur when you receive a confirmatory email from us, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it. Once we have accepted your order it becomes binding, subject to your rights of cancellation. Non-acceptance of an order by us may occur if: the ordered Product is out of stock or unavailable; we identify a pricing or product description error; we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment; or if we consider the order to be fraudulent.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any Products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of: our withdrawing any Product from this Website regardless of whether or not that Product has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the Website; refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- To be eligible to purchase Products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must: be over 18 years of age; register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information; provide a valid delivery address (please note that PO box numbers, hotels and temporary accommodation addresses are not acceptable); and pay using a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss of profits or any other financial loss or damage arising out of defective, damaged, or wrongly delivered goods, over and above the value of the goods themselves.
- Prices include VAT and exclude delivery charges, unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are correct at the time of writing but may change due to inadvertent administrative errors or circumstances beyond our control, such as any variations to the rate of VAT.
- House of Hackney may not be able to process VAT refunds for international customers.
- You may pay using Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal. You confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. There are no additional charges for using credit or debit cards. The total amount you pay is the same regardless of the payment method.
- Home furnishings and made-to-measure products can be shipped worldwide. Products may be dispatched separately.
- Products made-to-order: it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the Upholstery and Furniture will fit into the home and that there is sufficient access for our delivery vehicle to reach the delivery address. Additional charges may apply in certain circumstances.
Arranging and Completing:
- Once your furniture order is ready, we will call you to arrange a delivery date (which may only be on one allotted day each week in your delivery area due to courier availability). We are unable to agree specific delivery times and dates requested.
- Approximately two days before the agreed delivery date we will try to call, leave a voicemail message or send a text to confirm the agreed delivery date and estimated time of our arrival. To help in planning, at your request we will try to call you approximately one hour before our arrival. A courier will deliver to your location of choice, provided there is ample and safe access. Please assist us by clearing pathways and removing fragile items in advance of delivery.
- Products must be carefully checked at time of delivery and signed for by an adult. Any defect or damage must be reported to us immediately.
- House of Hackney will not be liable for the delay in installation caused by late or failed delivery of your items. The delivery lead time quoted in your order confirmation is an approximation only and given in good faith. We therefore recommend that decorators are not booked in advance of you receiving your goods.
- All orders outside of the EU are shipped with DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), meaning that taxes and duties are included in the final price, so there will be no additional charges to pay when you receive the goods.
Returns and cancellations
- We are unable to accept returns on items that are bespoke, personalised or made to specific measurements. This includes wallpaper (which is printed to order), fabric (which will have been cut specifically to your requirements) and all furniture (as these pieces are created specially for you).
- When returning Products, please send them to us using one of the methods detailed below, including your proof of purchase (a receipt or dispatch note).
- We ask that you take reasonable care when handling the Products and return them unopened, unused and in their original packaging where possible.
- Once Products have been delivered, you may return them within 14 days of receipt of delivery by the following methods.
By Post or Courier:
- You may return any Products to us by post at your own cost and risk.
- Please note that we are not liable for any loss or damage to any returned Products in transit and as such, we recommend that you return any Products through a recorded delivery service.
- Please package the Products properly and securely together to ensure that the Products are not damaged in transit.
- If returned Products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you for (or refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- If you prefer to return the Products by ordinary post, please return to: House of Hackney c/o ILG, Unit 2C + 2D Gatwick Gate, Charlwood Road, Lowfield Heath, RH11 0TG. Please obtain a certificate of posting and tracking information from your chosen delivery service as proof of postage.
- If you need to amend or cancel your Fabric order, you may only do so by contacting us up to 24 hours after you have placed your order.
- After 24 hours, we reserve the right to charge you for any costs we may incur in relation to your amended or cancelled order.
- On delivery, please check the Products carefully for any possible defects. For Furniture orders you will be asked to sign a delivery note that confirms you are happy with the condition of your order.
- If you believe that any of our Products may be defective or of unsatisfactory quality, please notify us on +44 (0)20 7739 3273 at your earliest convenience. We will need to investigate your claim before we are able to process a return for the damaged goods, so please refrain from carrying out any work on said products (i.e. wallpapering or upholstering) prior to our inspection. Please note that House of Hackney may not be liable if this request is not adhered to..
- We ask that you take reasonable care of the Products while your claim is being investigated. Please do not return any Products which you believe may be defective before contacting us.
- If the Products are confirmed defective or mis-described, we will reimburse you for reasonable return postage costs.
- If all Products confirmed defective constitute the entire order or if all Products were faulty or damaged, the original delivery charge will be reimbursed.
- The term “defective products” does not cover wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods, loss or damage by fire, smoke, explosion, lighting, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, theft or loss, or accidental damage caused by you or a third party.
Product colours and unique features
- Every effort is made to ensure that the Products we supply correspond as closely as possible to the samples displayed online, but there may be variations because natural materials have unique characteristics. No responsibility can be accepted for these variations, which all add to the uniqueness of our Products, including but not limited to the following:
- Our wallpaper is printed to order, so there may be slight colour variations from batch to batch. Therefore, we recommend ordering all the rolls you’ll need in one go – to work out how many that will be, please use our online wallpaper calculator or contact our Customer Services team for assistance. Please note that our Fabric can also vary in colour between batches.
- There is a 3% allowance on fabric alignment.
- All measurements are approximate. Please allow +/- 2 cm variance on sizes stated.
- Much of our Furniture is individually hand-finished and there may be differences between batches. These will be more apparent if orders are placed at different times.
- As part of the design, some Furniture and Upholstery is hand-finished to appear distressed. This will vary between Products and is not a defect.
- We reserve the right to make any change to the internal specifications of our Products or minor external changes where necessary.
Furniture and fabric
- Many of our Fabrics feature natural characteristics (such as slubs, creasing or pile shading) which make them wonderfully unique. Please take the time to understand these characteristics so that you can select a Fabric that is suitable for you.
- We make every effort to display the colours of Products shown on the Website as accurately as possible. However, due to variations in monitors, we cannot guarantee that your display of colour will be accurate. We recommend ordering a sample of the wallpaper and/or Fabric colour you’re interested in to ensure complete satisfaction.
- As all upholstery can be affected by light and heat from the sun, we recommend that it is positioned away from direct sunlight to protect it from fading and premature ageing.
- Wood grain: Our Products are designed to highlight the natural beauty of wood and will often show interesting features such as knots, grain shading and medullary rays where wood is cut across the grain. These will often vary so that no two Products are the same and yours is truly unique.
- Light and heat: All furniture can be affected by light and this can alter its colour over time. We recommend that it is positioned away from direct sunlight and heat to help maintain its colour for longer.
- House of Hackney gift vouchers are available with values ranging from £50 to £200. Multiple gift vouchers can be bought to create a unique value if required. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Our gift vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. They are non-refundable and can only be redeemed at the House of Hackney Showroom in Shoreditch or at www.houseofhackney.com using their unique serial number. They cannot be redeemed at any of our stockists or department store concessions.
- You recognise and agree that all copyright, database rights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material and/or content of this Website are owned by House of Hackney Limited or our licensors and shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
- This Website is an official website of House of Hackney Limited. The copyright and the database rights are owned by House of Hackney Limited. The Website and all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to rights in the website as a database) in its text, design, graphics, and the selection, organisation and arrangement thereof, together with the House of Hackney trademark and all other trademarks, logos and trade names depicted on the Website, belong to House of Hackney Limited.
Limited license and restrictions
- You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained on the Website is made available to you for your personal and non-commercial use, and that you may only download such material and content for the sole purpose of using the Website to a single, personal computer. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited and you agree that it is strictly prohibited to (or to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, modify, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of material and/or content from the Website without our written permission and that any of the above is a violation of our intellectual property rights.
Product descriptions and website content
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was uploaded onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up-to-date as possible, the information shown at a particular time, including product descriptions, may not always reflect the positioning exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy. Please note that in the event an error is identified, non-acceptance of an order by us may occur, subject to your statutory rights.
- We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Unless specifically provided, we make no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through our Website or which may link to our Website. When you access any other website, you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to another website does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or the use of such a website and shall not be liable for any loss, damage or offence caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding an external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
Data protection and privacy
- In addition to allowing us to check your creditworthiness and process your orders, the personal data you submit and our records of your visits to the Website will be used to monitor and improve our service to you as well as for marketing purposes. We may send you brochures, leaflets and catalogues displaying our Products and services, and may telephone you in order to tell you of promotional offers, to discuss account details or to conduct market research.
- We will respect the privacy of your personal data and will comply with all relevant and current data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to anyone, unless required to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- If you wish to update or delete your personal information, or if you prefer that we do not email you to tell you of promotional offers, please contact our Customer Services team.
- To proceed with your order, we need to process and store your data, and provide your data to third parties who are directly involved with your order e.g. our couriers. By placing an order with us, you agree to your data being processed by House of Hackney Limited and its couriers. If you do not wish to receive information about House of Hackney Products and services, or do not wish us to pass your information to carefully selected companies whose products we believe may be of interest to you, please contact our Customer Services team.
- The purchase area of our Website is fully secure. We utilise industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to guarantee a safe and secure shopping environment. All sensitive information such as credit card details, names and addresses are encrypted. This means that information passed between your computer and our Website cannot be read, even in the event it is intercepted by someone else.
Granting House of Hackney use of your content
- By granting House of Hackney the use of your content, you give us permission to reproduce, share, store and republish your image across our social media channels, online platforms (including email newsletters), print assets and third-party platforms with reference to your first name, surname and social media handles where appropriate. This permission is granted as a worldwide license in perpetuity to be utilised in line with necessary brand campaigns. House of Hackney reserve the right to edit the image and accompanying copy in line with brand creative and to remove user content at any time. House of Hackney agree to communicate any mandatory accreditations where provided. The conditions are applied to any content submitted via the #HOHLoves hashtag, our online and social media competitions, email, press & marketing initiatives and our design consultation services. We reserve the right to update or amend these conditions at any time without notice. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Services team.
Made-to-order furniture guarantee
- The frame construction and springs of all our Upholstery (excluding ex-display and seconds) are guaranteed for normal domestic use for five years, provided that the information and care guide has been followed. Please contact our Customer Services team if you have any questions in connection with this guarantee or wish to request a copy of the guarantee.
- This guarantee does not cover wear and tear, neglect, abuse or misuse of your goods, loss or damage by fire, smoke, explosion, lighting, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, theft or loss, or accidental damage caused by you or a third party.
- All our products are designed for domestic use only. We do not allow our fabric or wallpaper to be converted into other products such as cushions, lampshades, upholstered/decorated furniture or artwork etc. and resold for commercial purposes.
- Wallpaper and fabric samples are for personal use only as a guide to purchasing our Product. They are not designed to be used within the context of creating a new product, such as artwork, for non-domestic or commercial purposes.
Risk and title
- No order is binding on you or House of Hackney until we have accepted it. All title and ownership to the ordered goods will pass to you from the moment they are dispatched by us to our couriers, or on payment in full by you for the price of the goods along with any delivery charges (if applicable), and risk will pass on delivery.
Risk of damage in transit and property
- We carry the risk of loss or damage to the Products until you receive them. The Products will belong to you once you have received them and paid us in full. Until payment has been made in full, we may ask you to return the Products to us at any time. If you return the Products to us for any reason, they will become our property and be at our risk from the time we receive them.
Dealing as a business
- These terms and conditions only apply if you are dealing with us as a customer. If you wish to trade with us in the course of your business, please refer to our trade terms and conditions stated on our trade application forms. Please contact our Customer Services team for further details.
- You are hereby appointed as an account holder with House of Hackney. You accept that account holders are appointed on the basis that they satisfy and continue to meet certain qualitative criteria, so as to protect and enhance the image of House of Hackney and the reputation of its brand within the luxury interior design and decoration market. If it is decided that an account is no longer meeting the qualitative criteria that enabled our Global Sales team to approve and open their account, then House of Hackney reserves the right to close the account with immediate effect.
- Orders submitted by the account holder will be raised and confirmed within 24 hours of receipt.
- It is the account holder’s responsibility to check their proforma or order confirmation and flag any discrepancies within 24 hours of receipt. If nothing is communicated within this time, House of Hackney will assume the account holder is happy with the order.
- House of Hackney cannot be held responsible for anything received on the order confirmation that is later flagged as incorrect.
- It is your responsibility to check that all details on the proforma or order confirmation are correct at the time of placing the order.
- Once a proforma or order confirmation is received, you have 48 hours to notify House of Hackney of any discrepancies, changes or cancellations, otherwise orders will be deemed confirmed.
- Once dispatched, all orders are non-refundable and can only be exchanged if deemed faulty.
PAYMENT TERMS & SHIPPING
- Payment terms will be agreed at the time of account opening. For proforma terms, stock will be allocated to you upon receipt of payment.
- For all payments, please reference your company name and House of Hackney's invoice number, then send remittance advice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
House of Hackney will supply goods on either:
- An ex-works basis, where orders are collected and shipments organised by the account holder; or
- A landed basis by a designated House of Hackney courier to a specified address, where all carriage and/or handling charges will be charged back to the account holder at the time of order or once shipment is ready.
- No orders will be processed if an account is not adhering to our terms.
- If you wish to apply for credit terms, please reach out to your Sales Lead once your account has been approved.
RECEIPT OF GOODS
- House of Hackney will make every effort to ensure delivery by the estimated lead time, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Every effort is made to ensure goods arrive in perfect order. If any fault or discrepancy is discovered, please notify us within two weeks of receiving the goods. Any claims made after this time will not be accepted.
- Special note on wallpaper: please inspect and make sure that the entire stretch of roll is in an acceptable condition before hanging. House of Hackney cannot accept responsibility for any fault or discrepancy after the roll has been cut or hung.
- Any claim for goods dispatched by us and not delivered must be made within three days of the date of the expected delivery date, otherwise no liability can be accepted by House of Hackney.
- Risk of damage or loss of goods will transfer to the account holder on delivery or collection of the goods. Title and property (legal and beneficial ownership) to the goods shall not pass to the account holder until House of Hackney has received payment in full.
RETURN OF GOODS
- All goods are sold on a firm sale basis, that is to say House of Hackney will not accept back any goods not required or sold by the account holder, unless otherwise agreed.
- If goods are faulty, any returns must be authorised by House of Hackney before any credit is given. Where a return is authorised, the account holder shall be responsible for the cost of carriage and will ensure goods are carefully packaged to avoid damage in transit. Credit for returns will not be issued until the returned stock has been received and inspected.
- Only current stock may be returned if in a saleable condition and agreed to by House of Hackney.
- House of Hackney will not accept any returns of goods damaged by the account holder.
- Whilst endeavouring to maintain prices, we reserve the right to alter prices and pack sizes without notice. Unless otherwise agreed, the price of the goods is exclusive of VAT, insurance, transport and any import duties/taxes payable upon delivery to any international delivery destination.
- House of Hackney provides minimum recommended retail prices for all of its products that need to be strictly adhered to.
- Product may not be offered as promotional or seasonal markdown unless consent has been granted from House of Hackney.
- Samples and marketing materials are to be purchased at the agreed price, to be discussed and agreed between House of Hackney and the account holder. Samples received are a representation of the final product in nature. In some cases there may be small variances to bulk product that is received as a result of the manufacturing process.
- The account holder shall keep full and proper accounts and records relating to expenditure and payments made and received.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- The account holder agrees not to disclose any confidential information to any third party without the prior written consent of House of Hackney.
- House of Hackney prints cannot be copied or used in any agreement other than those discussed and agreed with House of Hackney. Use of prints without prior consent may result in legal action.
- Use of House of Hackney’s intellectual property is not permitted, unless previously agreed with House of Hackney. The account holder acknowledges that all intellectual property rights within the goods are and shall remain the exclusive property of House of Hackney, and that the account holder shall not at any time use the intellectual property rights in connection with the account holder’s business or for any other purpose.
- If there should be any direct copying of House of Hackney designs, products or prints, House of Hackney will have the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
- We do not condone the practice of reselling any items upholstered in House of Hackney prints without our prior approval of the design. House of Hackney will only approve designs if they are in keeping with the brand aesthetic, and the account agrees to pay royalties calculated from the product’s selling price. This includes, but is not limited to, sofas, chaise lounges, chairs, futons, ottomans and cushions. If an account is found to be publicly reselling furniture items upholstered in House of Hackney prints without our prior approval, House of Hackney reserves the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
- House of Hackney does not allow accounts to market their product as a “collaboration” without prior consent. If an account is found to be marketing their product as a House of Hackney collaboration when it is not, then House of Hackney reserves the right to immediately close the account, and in extreme cases legal action will be pursued.
RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties.
ASSIGNING AND SUBCONTRACTING
- The contract between House of Hackney and the account holder shall not be assigned or transferred to any other party.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
House of Hackney staff
- Our staff have a right to work in a non-threatening environment, and we reserve the right to refuse sale of Products and conduct services or contact with any person who displays verbal, physical and/or threatening behaviour towards our staff.
- You confirm that, in agreeing to accept these terms and conditions, you have not relied on any representation, save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these terms and conditions, and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation.
- You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us (including our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers) harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
Liabilities and warranties
- Nothing in the terms and conditions in any way limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or by fraud.
- We shall not be liable for any economic losses (including without limitation loss of profits, revenue, business, contracts, management time, data or anticipated savings), nor for any loss of goodwill or reputation, nor any indirect loss, whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) or pre-contractual or other representations (except for fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation) or otherwise, even if advised of the probability of such damage or where it was foreseeable. Except in the event of death or personal injury, in no event shall our liability under these terms and conditions exceed the amount paid or payable by you for the Products or goods. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your rights of cancellation.
- We shall take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order and payment secure. Except where we are negligent, we cannot be held liable for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to information provided by you.
- If any provision contained in these terms and conditions is considered by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- You may not assign or subcontract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for Products to any third party without our written consent. We reserve the right to transfer, assign, novate or subcontract any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related contract to any third party.
- A failure by us to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon us by these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any subsequent time or times.
Amendments to these terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any such amendments will take effect when posted on the Website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions.
- The laws of England and Wales govern these Conditions and all disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. House of Hackney Limited is obliged by law to provide the following information:
- The website www.houseofhackney.com is operated and owned by House of Hackney Limited.
- Our address, and where all communications can be addressed to us, is at House of Hackney St Michael's, Mark St, London EC2A 4ER.
- Company registered in England. No. 7375968. VAT No. 102198936.
- Valid for the use on up to 4 tins of paint per winner, across two transactions (4 tins each). Each tin can be any colour or base.
- Paint cannot be exchanged or returned.
- Voucher must be used within 1 month of receipt/winner announcement.