Our Housemates are innovators who see the world differently and strive to make a difference within it. Each one is chosen and cherished for the skills, talents and characteristics that make them unique.
In our House, we care for the wellbeing of our team; that is why we offer a more flexible approach to working and operate a four-day week over the summer period, and a 4pm finish in the winter.
As well as caring for our colleagues, we also care deeply about our eternal muse - Mother Nature. House of Hackney is proud to be certified as a B Corp™; a business that meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, and we are partnered with the World Land Trust, the international conservation charity that safeguards our most vital natural ecosystems and threatened habitats, acre by acre.
From our London flagship St Micheal’s Clergy, based in the creative heart of the capital, to our New York showroom, our House is a place where imagination and collaboration can flourish – where everyone is accepted, all ideas are encouraged, and magic really does happen.
There may be no place like home…but in our House, there’s no place like work.
To apply for any of the roles listed below, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title as the email subject line.
DIVERSITY. EQUALITY. INCLUSION
Our House is a home for everyone. We stand for diversity, equality and inclusion. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which every person can grow, be heard and feel like they belong.
We believe in and strive for a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace where we care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture, and we are committed to continually learning and evolving, to ensure that our House remains a safe and fair space for all who come through its doors.
Merchandise Admin Assistant (MAA)Reporting To: Merchandise Operations Manager
Based In: Head Office - Shoreditch London
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday (Hours / Days may change during peak)
*The stated salary range, experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills and passion for the brand can be demonstrated.
House of Hackney is seeking a MAA (Merchandise Admin Assistant) to work on building and maintaining all categories across sales channels, potentialising what sells in each. The candidate should have strong analytical skills and will work closely with the Production team to analyse sales, monitor individual line performance and focus on maximising sales through stock allocation and replenishment.
As this job is numerical and analytical, these skills are necessary, and a good knowledge of Excel will also be required.
- Building and maintaining stock across categories across channels
- Ensuring optimal stocks and allocations across all channels
- Developing and maintaining good relationships across the business including buying/production, sales channels, logistics department
- Providing support to Merchandise Operations Manager in analysing sales, monitoring line performance and any other ad-hoc department projects
- Build and distribute weekly reports on behalf of company
- Owner of system product creation across business
- Support in forecasting component products and samples to ensure optimal stocks
- Support in data integrity across ERP and PIM systems
- Ad-hoc web walks for product or seasonal launches
- Create product import sheets for marketplaces
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE:
- Passionate about House of Hackney and the values it stands for representing it on a UK and International platform
- Ambition to contribute to the growth of House of Hackney into a global lifestyle brand
- One years’ experience within the Merchandising field
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Flexible approach in order to manage priorities within the business
- Self-motivated and a self-starter. Highly organised and conscientious, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and at least intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office and Excel
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
As always, there are some perks:
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off from April until End of August every year
- We are trialing reduced winter hours with a finish at 4PM from September - March
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there is very little we can't conquer together
- 30% discount across HOH products
Our House is a home for everyone. As a culture led business, we aim to be an inspiring and meaningful place for people to work, and as an equal opportunities employer, we foster an environment in which everyone can learn, grow and be heard - regardless of age or seniority. We strive for and believe in a fully inclusive, diverse, supportive and accepting workplace. We care about people’s physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. Our Housemates are open-minded people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences who share our values and culture.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship or remote working.