Role: Hospitality Manager (11 week FT contract, June 14th- August 27th accommodation and meals provided for the duration of the contract)
Based at: The Castle of Trematon, Cornwall-
Reporting to: Directors/ Castle owners
The role: We are looking for an experienced Hospitality manager to organise and oversee daily operations of The Castle of Trematon, and guest experiences during the summer retreat season.
You will be responsible for managing and organising a team of 6 to deliver exceptional luxury customer experience throughout their stay at the Castle, including and not limited to creating and ensuring quality standards are met in lodgings, restaurants and dining, retreat ‘experiences’, Castle grounds, customer service and interactions.
Salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
- Hire qualified personnel according to standards
- Set and review team working weeks and schedules to ensure all operations and tasks are carried out to enable the best possible customer experience during their stay.
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model whilst delivering highest possible customer satisfaction and experience.
- Supervise and enforce best practice of work at all levels (Front of house, kitchen staff, service, house keeping), set clear objectives and measure output against these, feeding back where standards are not met to ensure appropriate forward adoption.
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with and react to maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, problem solving timely and effectively.
- Collaborate and manage relationships with external parties providing services or supplies for the Castle and events.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Ensuring and providing flawless, upscale, professional and high class guest service experiences
- Analysing customer feedback and providing strategic direction to continuously improve experiences
- Responding to guests needs and anticipating their unstated ones
- Provide upscale guest service experiences for clients throughout their stay
- Ensure clients are properly greeted upon their arrival
- Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in
- Oversee check-in and check-out procedures, including reservations and financial transactions
- Promptly address guests’ requests
- Actively listen to and resolve complaints
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure customer concerns are resolved
- Inform clients of our hotel services, including breakfast and dining options
- Promote all hotel amenities, conveniences and programs offered
- Ensure supplies and equipment are adequate in quantity and quality
- Handle customer complaints and requests effectively when necessary
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and monitoring expenses
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards
- Ensure all records are kept properly and consistently, in line with company systems and procedures.
- Review and prepare reports for senior management
- If required, interview and hire qualified personnel according to set standards
- Proven experience as hospitality manager.
- Hands-on experience in customer facing roles.
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of quality standards (e.g. ISO)
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant software (e.g. ERP)
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving can do aptitude
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- BSc/BA in hospitality management