This Christmas, we have teamed up with haberdashery gurus and bloggers New Craft House to share their tricks of the trade for the festive period. Learn how to create this luxurious addition to your Christmas interior by following our simple step by step tutorial. Pamper your fireplace by hanging these joyful booties above the hearth and fill them with the season’s must-haves.
2. Cut one piece of both outer fabric and lining from the cuff template.
3. Cut a small strip (18cm x 6cm) from a complimentary fabric of your choice for the hanging tab.
4. Match the wadding boot pieces to both wrong sides of the boot shell, then place both shell pieces right sides together to pin all four pieces together.
5. Stitch around the boot with a seam allowance of your choice (we would advise 1cm) and leave the top unstitched.
6. Clip the seams along the curves, then turn right sides to the outside.
7. Place the lining boot pieces right sides together and stitch around with seam allowance, leaving the top unstitched. Clip the seams along the curves, then turn right sides to the outside.
8. Place the cuff lining and cuff shell with right sides together and stitch together along one side. Open and press the seam.
9. Fold the cuff piece in half, right sides together, then stitch along the short edge together.
10. Turn right sides to the outside and fold down the cuff along the long seamed edge. Press.
11. To make your hanging tab, fold your piece of fabric in half lengthways, press, open out, then fold each edge in half again into the centre crease. Press. Stitch along the long edge. Fold the tab in half and press.
12. Place your boot lining inside your boot with raw edges matching at the top, pin together. Place your cuff inside the boot again with raw edges matching at the top and pin. The right side of your cuff should lie against the lining of the boot.
13. Sandwich your fabric tab in-between the cuff and the boot at the back seam, again with raw edges matching at the top.
14. Make sure all layers are pinned together, then stitch around the top with a 1cm seam allowance.
15. Turn the cuff onto the outside of your boot to complete your stocking. Hang, fill and enjoy!